Halsey - Hopeless Fountain Kingdom Tour

by - Tuesday, December 26, 2017

SAN DIEGO, CA



Halsey is one of those artists I keep close to my heart. Seeing her live is so special for me because I've been a fan of hers since the beginning. Her success came so fast after her first EP came out way back in 2014. Since then she's released two full studio albums Badlands and hopeless fountain kingdom.
The first Halsey show I ever went to was my senior year of high school when she performed at the San Diego House of Blues in downtown. There were only a couple hundred there, it was a very small capacity venue, but that's what made it so special.



In 2016, I surprised my sister with front row tickets to Halsey's second installment of her Badlands tour. This time she played at an amphitheater which fit a couple thousand people, but it still felt intimate especially because she talked about me and the group of people who were there at the House of Blues the last time she was in San Diego. It was crazy to see how far she's come in such a short period of time.




The third time I saw her, I also met her at the Channel 933 Summer Kick Off this past May. I wasn't even sure if I was going to the show until three days prior to the concert. I received an email from the radio station saying I won tickets and a Meet & Greet with Halsey. It was such a surprise for me because I'd never really won anything like that before, so I was over the moon that I was actually going to be able to hug her and tell her how much I appreciate all that she's done over the short few years of her career.
She was so sweet in person, I'll never forget the feeling of meeting someone whose writing and music you admire so much. I liked her even more after meeting her because she was so genuine and nice.


What I love most about her music is that all her work is based on concepts. My favourite type of albums are concept albums, I absolutely love those. The artists get to come up with a story, write and sing about it, making it a part of your life as much as it was a part of theirs.



Although I wasn't able to get tickets for hopeless fountain kingdom tour during the presale, I decided to go to the show three hours before it started. I got a last minute ticket and actually ended up being barricade for her first ever arena tour.
The production of hopeless fountain kingdom tour was so amazing. I honestly enjoyed every single second of this show, from visuals to the singing and the dancing, it was so well executed. Although I liked her first album Badlands more, this tour was definitely her best performance and production she has done so far.
She also brought out Andrew McMahon, who is one of her favourite artists. He played the piano during Sorry, and then they sang a cover of Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin. She explained that Dark Blue was one of the inspirations behind her song Colors.




This was a really special show that I was so glad to have been a part of. Because Halsey holds such a special place in my heart, I don't think I'll ever be able to miss any of her future tours. It just brings such a special feeling and an experience that I'll never forget.
Attending multiple tours from the same artist really makes each new one more special and it feels like you're growing up and evolving along with them as their success and tours become bigger and their music becomes more influential.
I'm so endlessly proud of all the music she's released, and I wish I could thank her every day for soundtracking my life. Halsey's music has been a part of many important and special moments of my life, and I hope it continues to be that way for a long, long time.

You can grab a copy of her second album, hopeless fountain kingdom here.

Setlist:
The Prologue
Eyes Closed
Hold Me Down
Castle
Good Mourning
Heaven in Hiding
Strangers
Roman Holiday
Walls Could Talk
Bad at Love
Alone
Closer (Piano Version) [The Chainsmokers cover]
Sorry
Dark Blue (Jack's Mannequin cover)
Angel on Fire
Lie
Don't Play
100 Letters
Is There Somewhere
Now or Never
Colors
Young God
Hopeless
Gasoline
Hurricane

For concert's I've been to, and the ones that are coming up, check here.

You May Also Like

0 comments