Dua Lipa - The Self-Titled Tour (San Diego + San Francisco)

by - Monday, December 17, 2018

SHOW 1

SAN DIEGO, CA






The first show I went to was in San Diego, and it was a last minute, spur of the moment kind of thing. I had originally planned and gotten tickets for the San Francisco show. My friend's cousin was in town and she told me she was a Dua Lipa fan, and I thought it would be fun if we took her to the show so she could finally see Dua live!

Prior to this show, Dua was sick and had to cancel the show before this one, so there was a fear she might cancel this one as well. But because she took those couple of days off she was feeling better and continued with the tour as scheduled. This show was much more relaxed and I didn't take too many pictures because I knew I would see her again the next day. 

SHOW 2

SAN FRANCISCO, CA






The next morning I got on a flight for San Francisco for the weekend, and as scheduled, saw Dua again that Saturday night! Some might be confused as to why I went to two back to back shows of the same tour, but let me tell you, they're not the same. The biggest difference is the energy of the crowd; I love going to the Bay Area for shows because the crowds up there are insane and so much fun. Some of the best shows I've been to have been in the Bay Area and the reason why is because the crowds are so loud and energetic, and Dua's show was no exception.

I met up with my friend Bianca and we went to the show, and saw Dua for the second time together. We screamed lyrics at the top of our lungs, jumped and danced along the entire show. 

Dua's set was really good, she sang most of her album as well as songs she was featured on such as, High, One Kiss and No Lie. The tour production was great as well, she had fun, cool graphics and lights for each song she performed making it an experience every time. 

I'm extremely excited to see what Dua Lipa has prepared for her next album and era, I just know it will be pop magic.

Setlist:
Blow Your Mind (Mwah)
Dreams/No Lie
My Love (Wale cover)
Lost In Your Light
High (Whethan cover)
Garden
Last Dance
Be the One
Thinking 'Bout You
New Love
Genesis
One Kiss (Calvin Harris cover)
Scared to Be Lonely (Martin Garrix cover)
Homesick
No Goodbyes
Hotter Than Hell
Begging
IDGAF
New Rules

For concerts I've been to, and the ones that are coming up, check here.

You May Also Like

0 comments