The Broad

by - Friday, September 22, 2017

LOS ANGELES, CA


I was never that excited about visiting art museums; but ever since I visited MoMA in New York two years ago, and got to see Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" in person, I became infatuated with art museums, specifically modern and contemporary art museums. Although there aren't many contemporary art museums around, The Board in Downtown LA, has a collection of art works on view that I've wanted to see for quite some time now. 
There are many abstract art movements that I find interesting but pop art, by far, is my favorite art movement of all time. Seeing works by artists like Warhol and Lichtenstein is somewhat of an emotional experience for me. As a lover of all things pop culture, pop artists have always been creating works I enjoy looking at the most.

Jeff Koons "Balloon Dog" (1994-2000), 121 x 143 x 45 in.
Mirrored -polished stainless steel, transparent color coating.
Jeff Koons "Tulips" (1995-2004), 80 x 180 x 205 in.
Mirrored-polished stainless steel, transparent color coating.
Ellsworth Kelly "Blue Red" (1968), 73 3/4 x 161 1/8 in.
Oil on canvas, two joined panels. 
Ellsworth Kelly, "Green Blue Red" (1963), 67 1/2 x 90 in.
Oil on canvas.
Andy Warhol "Campbell's Soup Can (Clam Chowder - Manhattan Style) [Ferus Type]" and "Small Torn Campbell's Soup Can [Pepper Pot]" (1962)
20 x 16 in.
Casein, gold paint, pencil, graphite, on linen.
Roy Lichtenstein "I...I'm Sorry" (1965-66), 60 x 48 in.
Oil and magna on canvas.
Ed Ruscha "Heavy Industry" (1962), 67 x 71 5/8 in.
Oil and pencil on canvas.
Barbara Kruger "Untitled (Your body is a battleground)" (1989), 112 x 112 in.
Photographic silkscreen on vinyl. 
Gleen Ligon "Double America 2" (2014), 48 x 145 x 3 in.
Neon and paint.

Shirt Amoeba Music | Jeans Topshop | Bag Brandy Melville 

I am very grateful that I did not have travel very far to catch a glimpse of some of the most beautiful and interesting art works in the contemporary art scene. The photographs above are some of the highlights from my visit, including works by Warhol, Lichtenstein and Koons. If you're ever in the LA area I highly recommend going to visit any of Eli and Edythe Broad's museums and exhibitions, as their collections can be found at The Broad, LACMA and some other Los Angeles Art Museums.

____________________

If you'd like to see all the other things I did in LA before I post about them, you can check out my friend's video of our road trip!


Photographed by: Nadia Zafar, and me!

You May Also Like

0 comments