Camila Cabello - Never Be the Same Tour

by - Tuesday, April 17, 2018

HOLLYWOOD, CA









Although Fifth Harmony pushed Camila Cabello to the fore front of radio pop music, she's finally come into her own as a solo artist. Personally, I was never a big fan of Fifth Harmony, I respect them as a girl group, but their music was never something I could relate to. However, once Camila went solo and released her own music, you could spot the difference and individualism she possesses that clearly stands out.

Camila Cabello is a really great concept creator as well as a songwriter. As everyone already knows (if you've read my past posts), I value songwriting the most when it comes to music. Camila knows how to write good pop songs, and I believe her songwriting is the reason her debut album was so successful.

I really enjoyed her interview with Zane Lowe on Beats 1 where she talked about the process of creating her debut album, what she wanted to write about, and how she wanted all of it to sound. After listening to her, I decided I wanted to see her on tour to see how she executed the whole project.

I was very impressed, because there was no dull moment at any point of the show. She sings, dances, acts, and interacts with the crowd in a very elegant, fun and extremely personal way. It almost feels like you're in her living room having a dance party. It's a very laid back and fun show; you're able to sing along, dance and laugh along with her as well as her dancers and her band.

I'm very excited to see her again in about a month when she opens for Taylor Swift on the Reputation Stadium Tour!

Setlist:
Never Be the Same
She Loves Control
Inside Out
Bad Things (Machine Gun Kelly cover)
Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis Presley cover)
Consequences
All These Years
Something's Gotta Give
Scar Tissue
In the Dark
Real Friends
Know No Better (Major Lazer cover)
Crown (Grey cover)
Into It
Sangria Wine
Havana

You can get tickets for her tour here.

____

For concerts I've been to, and the ones that are coming up, check here.

You May Also Like

0 comments