Pale Waves - North American Tour 2018

by - Sunday, April 01, 2018

SAN DIEGO, CA







As everyone already knows I'm the queen of attending concerts last minute and this one was no exception. I've known of Pale Waves for a while now, but I haven't listened to their new EP until after I saw them in concert this past week.
I absolutely love every song on it, from the lyrics to production (thank you teachers matty and george!). 

After seeing them live, I did do some research into their creating process and I found out the first singles they've released Television Romance (my personal favourite), and There's a Honey were produced by Matty and George from The 1975. The guitar and the drum sounds are definitely inspired by the sounds of The 1975, and you're able to tell how much they're overall influenced by them. 

Pale Waves are signed to Dirty Hit, which is a record label started by Jamie Oborne (you probably know who jamie is if you're familiar with the 1975). This is an independent record label based in London and almost all (if not all) artists are from Britain. Other artists signed to this label I love are Ben Khan, Wolf Alice and The Japanese House.

The Pale Waves show was the most intimate show I've ever been to. It reminded me of those low-key shows in club basements or those really small gigs punk rock bands used to have. The experience was really special and made me like this band even more.
They're starting to play bigger festivals such as Lollapalooza and SXSW, so I'm happy I got to see them in such an intimate space.

Setlist:
Television Romance
Kiss
The Tide
My Obsession
She
Heavenly
Eighteen
New Year's Eve
There's a Honey

You can get their new EP here, and get tickets for their tour here.

____

For concert's I've been to, and the ones that are coming up, check here.

You May Also Like

0 comments