Lana Del Rey

by - Wednesday, August 16, 2017

SAN DIEGO, CA


I have been a Lana fan for quite some time, and every time she came by San Diego for a show I somehow missed her. For me, she is one of those artists that hold an important role in my music choice and taste. Lana's ability to create her own universe through her sound is something that attracted me to her as an artist in the first place. Born to Die is one of my favourite records to date and I was so devastated I missed her when she was touring that record.



She announced her San Diego and Anaheim shows on Wednesday the 26th of July, it was one of those pre-sales where you had to purchase something off her website in order to receive a unique code for the online pre-sale. My friend and I both made a purchase in order to get two codes and buy four tickets. Come Friday morning, both of us were stressed (concert pre-sale anxiety levels through the roof!) because we knew she was playing a really small venue and that many people were trying to get tickets.


I'd like to think I've become very experienced when it comes to artist pre-sales. It's a special skill that I've come to learn through all my years of attending concerts for the cheapest possible way. Once it was 10AM, we were on the website ready to type in our codes... except the website crashed. I don't know what happened with LiveNation that morning, but the website didn't let us buy tickets for the first 10 minutes. We kept checking the time, thinking we messed up the pre-sale time, but we didn't.
Long story short, the website started functioning and we were finally in. It took us about 20 minutes to buy our tickets. We were grateful to be fortunate enough to get these because I know there were a lot of people who were not able to get any tickets during the pre-sale or the actual general sale the next day.


We got to the show about 2 hours before the doors opened, the line stretched around the entire House of Blues building, taking up that entire block. Thanks to the security and the HOB staff we got inside the venue fairly quickly.
We stood on the right side of the stage (as you can tell from all my pictures), probably about 5 rows back. House of Blues is one of my favorite venues here in San Diego because of it's intimate and small size, you're really able to feel the connection between the artist and the audience.
 There was no opening act, so we were all pretty ecstatic when the lights went out and the screaming began. Lana came out in an Adidas tracksuit pants and a sheer top wrapping the entire audience in her angelic voice. I can honestly say she truly sounds like she does on her records, her voice is so authentic and real it's so hard not to be in a trance when she sings. Her interaction with her fans is so surreal, she makes them feel like they're really all a part of the show. She's here for them and they're here for her. She asked them for requests, went into the crowd to sign records, and tickets, she even took selfies with the lucky ones. Lana truly makes her shows special, and very fan oriented. It was one of the most intimate and wonderful concerts I've ever been to.


Her new album Lust for Life is out now on all platforms!

Setlist:
Body Electric
Cherry
Shades of Cool
Blue Jeans
Born to Die
White Mustang
Cruel World
Music to Watch Boys To
Ultraviolence
Change
Ride
Love
Video Games
Summertime Sadness
Get Free (a capella)
Off to the Races

For concert's I've been to, and the ones that are coming up, check here.

You May Also Like

0 comments