Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival 2019

by - Thursday, September 26, 2019

INDIO, CA














Going to Coachella has been a dream of mine since forever, and going this year has made it even more special because of the fact that it was my first music festival and because I got to experience some of my favorite artists with my best friends. The entire experience has been something I don't think I'll ever be able to relive, so instead of me trying to describe it, I wanted to make a survival list and I can only hope to take my own advice for 2020.

Elena's Five Tips for Coachella Survival:

1. DO NOT CAMP.
Unless you love the heat, have no problem sleeping in a car or the ground for three days. Do you like your make up melted? Do you not like sleep? Do you take 2 minute showers only? If the answer to most of these is 'No', then I suggest you book your Airbnb now.

2. DRINK WATER
Okay, this is a big one. You don't wanna end up on the ground like me 10 minutes after entering the festival on Day 1. There's multiple water stations on festival grounds if you're in a need of a refill. If you plan on buying water, make sure you recycle those plastic bottles please! Every food, lemonade, or ice cream stand sells water and it's only $2.

3. SET UP MEETING SPOTS
This is important if you're in a bigger group of friends, especially because not everyone will want to see all the same acts. The cell service is spotty so don't rely on your phone for texting and calls too much. Instead, get a map and plan out some meeting spots with your group so all of you guys are able to find each other throughout the day.

4. LOOK AT SET TIMES
To avoid running around the giant grass field, the night before your first day check the Coachella App for set times. This is an easy way to plan out your day, see when you'll have breaks to eat or meet up with friends in between sets. This was a very helpful tool because I knew exactly where and when each artist will be performing at.

5. FORGET THE INSTA PICS & ENJOY THE MUSIC!
Over the years Coachella has become almost social capital currency because of its Instagram presence. Of course you'll take pictures for the memories or social media, but take it down a notch. Don't make your whole Coachella experience a photo op, instead plan a time for pictures and after that go and enjoy the festival. You're here for the music, and not the perfect Instagram moment. 

You May Also Like

0 comments